Friday, August 23, 2013

The Mystery of the Morning Moan

Nickname: "Trouble"
So, yesterday morning, as usual, I was in the shower. Outside the shower, as usual, my 16-month-old daughter was playing with toys on the bath mat.

I keep her in there with me while I shower because, while the house is pretty much baby-proofed, she's a toddler and she does dumb stuff. I don't want to stroll out in my bathrobe and find her chewing on a shoe.

What Is That Sound? 

As I was soaping my hair, suddenly I heard a noise. A low-pitched moaning sound, like someone who was in pain. Oooo. Oooooooo. It was coming from my daughter. I'd never heard a baby make a noise like that before. I'd seldom heard a human being make a noise like that before.

Alarmed, I poked my head out from behind the shower curtain. Is that really her? Is she hurt? If so, why is she moaning and not crying?

There was my angelic little kid, looking back at me.

And holding up a stuffed cow.

"Moooooooooooo," she said. "MOOOOOOOOOOO."

Well, then.

You know what rhymes with moo?  

Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment