Saturday, July 30, 2011

Test Your Vocab

Maybe you've seen this on Facebook by now, but if not, check it out:

http://testyourvocab.com/

The instructions read: "Check the box for each word you know at least one definition for. Don't check boxes for words you know you've seen before, but whose meaning you aren't exactly sure of."

My score was 24,900. What was yours?

Most of my friends' and families' scores were higher than mine. I used to think I had a big vocabulary. But that was back in high school, when I was reading world literature and classics on a daily basis for English class.

Sometimes I think my high school days were the "smartest" I've ever been, at least in terms of book learning. I read a lot now, but the books I read don't necessarily use words like legerdemain and sparge. I wish I had time to be reading Poe and Dickens on a regular basis. *sigh* Maybe when I retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment