Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Weird Al Word Crimes Unit Is On Patrol

Sometimes you're in a job interview, or at a party or someplace, and you get the question, "What would be your ideal job, if money didn't matter?"

My usual answer to that question is "perpetual student." But it's a lie. My real dream job is to be Weird Al Yankovic.

Well, not be HIM, exactly. But some day the man has to retire, or die (God forbid). And when that day comes, someone will need to fill the void of hilarious entertainment that he's provided all these years.

One of my hobbies as a kid was to make up funny lyrics to existing songs. The goofier, the better. My brother and I would do this for hours. It was terrific fun. We'd talk about forming a Weird-Al-style parody duo, called the Weird Allens (or some other name that wouldn't get us slapped with a copyright violation).

And so I couldn't NOT memorialize this video on this blog. Because the master has created again. And this time, he did something nobody has ever done in the history of the human race. He made editing cool.

Thanks, Weird Al.


No comments:

Post a Comment