Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Year in Review

OK, so it's not an entire year in review, since I just started this blog in late September. But, in this busy time of year, it's always nice to take a moment to reflect.

I had my doubts when I started this blog. The usual fear-of-failure stuff. Will I come up with enough ideas of things to write about? Will I have the discipline to keep it going? Will I write often enough for the digital age (heaven forbid mine be one of those sad blogs that you visit and it hasn't been updated in several months)? Will anybody read the damn thing, or will it sit there like rotting crops in a field?

Happily, I've found myself with no shortage of ideas and news to write about. My only block is a shortage of free time. My self-discipline is better than I expected it to be (historically, it has not been my forte). And some people are actually reading it! Hooray!

The experience of blogging has been both enjoyable and instructive. It's made me recall how much I love to write. It's given me a new format to explore and try to get good at. And it's reminded me how discipline is absolutely key. Sometimes you have to sit down and write, even if you're not on fire with a great idea or aren't in the mood. Once you make yourself do it, the words flow.

It's been a good time. Happy holidays, and thanks for reading! See you in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your blog! I've already learned so much. I'm so glad you linked it on FB and I have been avidly reading along ever since. Keep up the good work and may 2011 be the best year yet.

    ReplyDelete