Friday, March 2, 2012

That Poor Reporter

I feel so bad for reporters who have to write articles like this one:























Yes, "Beezow Doo-Doo Zoppitybop-bop-bop" is this dude's actual legal name. Read the full story here.

So, you're a writer just out of college. You land a gig with Reuters. Your heart and mind are brimming with thoughts of the world-changing, paradigm-shifting, brilliant investigative journalism you will produce.

And then your editor assigns you that story. And you find yourself squinting at phrases like "doo-doo" and "bop-bop" to make sure you can accurately separate the guy's middle name from his last name.

I imagine you'd either have to laugh, or cry. I hope you laughed, Brendan O'Brien. I hope you laughed.

Now that I look at him again, that crazy dude looks like one of my ex-boyfriends. Ha ha... I knew he'd go to pot without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment