Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Contract Creator" for Freelancers

Check out this new tool from the Freelancers Union. It's a nifty tool that will automatically generate a contract for you to use with new clients. Click the image to view it at higher resolution:


To use the tool, you have to join the Freelancers Union (which is free). Once you are logged in, you can find the contract creator tool here.

Creating contracts is something that I knew absolutely nothing about when I started freelancing. If I'd had to come up with a contract, I would have probably started with Google and found something very generic, then modified it based on my very limited (okay, nonexistent) legal knowledge.

The Freelancers Union created this tool in conjunction with Furnari Scher, a law practice that works with freelancers, consultants, and independent contractors.

The more I learn about the Freelancers Union, the better my opinion gets. They exist to support freelancers of all types. Their web site is well done (though, if you're listening, guys, your search functionality could use some work - a search for "contract creator" does not find the tool even if you're logged in). Their e-mail communications are good. Overall they seem very organized, professional, and worth being a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment