Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Blog

Good morning!

I couldn't let September end without acknowledging that this week is the 1-year anniversary of when I started this blog.

It's been a great year. Having a blog to motivate me to write more often has been excellent for this person, who, at the age of 35, still procrastinates. (I guess procrastinators, like proofreaders, are born, not made.)

One limitation of a blog about editing and proofreading is that, eventually, you will cover all the grammar topics that it's possible to cover. And there's only so much you can say about commas, even if you're a grammar nerd like I am.

So I imagine I'll start to cover topics more often that aren't strictly related to editing, like last week's blog about common sense. Having this blog about editing for the past year has made me realize how many other things I want to write about. I even contemplated starting up a second blog to cover those things. Then I came back down to earth and realized that will never happen. It's enough of a challenge (a welcome challenge, but still a challenge) to write once a week or so when you work full-time and have a toddler. I couldn't keep two blogs current (unless I was being paid to blog... how DO you get a job like that?).

And now, I've been staring at that cake picture for so long that I'm starving, so it's time for breakfast. Happy Friday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment